A website should be an extension of your business online. In many cases, websites are the business. However, when speaking to an average website design firm, many business owners get the sense that they are being forced to adjust their business model to fit the website design. A website design agency should never begin the conversation with a business looking for web design services by asking design related questions such as “what colors do you like for your website?” or “what’s your favorite font?” While color and fonts are an important aspect of branding, the conversation should not start there. When designing a website, the web design company assisting you should first seek to understand your business prior to making any suggestions.
At Neolynx, we begin the conversation by asking many questions. In fact, we have implemented a solid process of information gathering that is deeply rooted in solid business principles. By familiarizing ourselves with the client’s business model and practices, we are able to build a solid strategy and a clearly defined plan of action. It is this deep desire to understand the task at hand that has allowed us to build and implement solid solutions that add real bottom-line results for our clients.
- Define the Project
- Discover – Gather information. Understand audience. Analyze industry.
- Plan – Create a project plan. Set the budget. Create schedule. Assign team. Setup stage. Plan for testing.
- Clarify – Set high-level goals. Prepare communication brief. Kick off the project.
- Develop the Structure
- Content Plan – Audit existing content. Outline new content. Create delivery plan.
- Structure Site – Create sitemap. Set naming conventions.
- Structure Pages – Create wireframes. Address navigation. Naming & labeling. Define user tasks. Create user view (dynamic sites).
- Design Visual Interface
- Create – Review site goals. Develop concepts. Design for user. Presenting the designs.
- Confirm – Create HTML protosite. Test functionality.
- Hand-Off – Create graphic templates. Create design style guide.
- Build & Integrate
- Prepare – Assess project status. Establish guidelines. Set file structure.
- Build – Optimize graphics. Create HTML templates. Implement light testing. Populate pages. Integrate backend.
- Test – Create a quality assurance plan & fix bugs. Conduct final survey.
- Launch & Beyond
- Deliver – Production style guide. Create handoff packet. Conduct postmortem.
- Launch – Prepare announcement plan. Register with search engines. Launch site.
- Maintain – Assess maintenance team capabilities. Internal maintenance. Develop maintenance plan. Measure success. Confirm site security.
What are you waiting for?
Get in touch. Allow us to grow your business.Do It!